Here is a simple step that I used to get the Job Accounting information or PIN working with UTAX CD 1120 printer.
- Download the driver for UTAZ CD 1120 printer from here
- Unzip it to a folder in your home directory.
- Open the PPD file corresponding to your printer (In my case UTAX_TA_CD_1120_English.PPD) using a text editor for example 'vi'
- Search for the keyword "Accounting". You will reach a line similar to "*OpenUI *KMManagement/Job Accounting: PickOne"
- Move your cursor three or four line below. Your cursor should be now at line reading
- *KMManagement MG0000/0000: "(0000) statusdict /setmanagementnumber get exec"
- Edit the line and replace 0000 to what ever your printer accounting ID is.
- Once editing is done, save the file and close.
- As a precaution restart the cups daemon. /etc/init.d/cups restart.
- Now starting adding the printer, selecting the newly edited PPD as the driver.
- Once the installation is over, option the printer configuration gui and select Job Settings.
- Scroll down where you can see Accounting information. Select your printer ID from the Job Accounting list.
- Save the changes and send a test page. It should work now.
This is really good and useful information which is not known to everyone, you did good job by posting it here. Going to show it to others as well so that they can get benefit from it. Thanks for sharing it for your readersReplyDelete
Accounting softwares are considered to be most difficult and this could be a helpful blog may be for any user of accounting software.ReplyDelete